The AGM will be held on Wed 15th March, 2017, at 7:00pm in the Innovation Centre in the Co-working area; it's expected to last at least two hours.
See the agenda below, along with the AGM Procedures and list of candidates below.
There is 1 director's seat to fill although we can have two more if sufficient candidates are available. If you want to be considered for a role as a director, please send an email to email@example.com and we will add your name to the list below - nominations close on 8th March 2017. The voting method will be Single Transferable Vote.
The returning officer is TBD
- Presentation of 2016 AGM minutes
- Matters Arising
- Directors' Report
- Presentation of Accounts
- Reports from Committees
- Discussion on Governance and new Members Handbook along with proposed New Member Induction Procedure
- Hackspace Admin: Appeal for Hackspace members to help with filling Admin Roles - the directors already have a legal responsibility, but the LHS requires other jobs to be done, and needs your help.
- Suggestion from Ahmed: Committee Structure at LHS and its progress: Discussion about problems and proposal to have one committee to do the running of LHS rather than trying to have one for every small subset of tasks such as: marketing, maintenance, donations, sorting out the space etc.
- Elections - directors and committees
- Time for reflection on the coming year
- Any Other Business
- Tony Abbey -- stepping down at this AGM
- Isis Raheem -- stepping down at this AGM
- Keith Cummings
- Rory McLean
- Graham Broadhead
- Ben Humphris
- Ahmed Fareed stood down in Jan 2017
Candidates (to be confirmed) in no particular order. Please look here regularly in case other candidate are proposed:
- Ryan Bradley-Evans
Some of our candidates have provided a short statement - look here regularly as statements come in:
I am in my 3rd year of a 4 year Masters Degree in Physics/Space Science & Technology at Leicester University. I have been the head of the UoL AstRoSoc Society for 2 years, organising workshops, projects and sorting out disputes. Before that I set up and ran the Newtown astronomy society, Wales. Hobbies - Rocketry, High Altitude Ballooning, Dancing. I have been part of the Governance Committee since the EGM last year and expect to stay around Leicester for some time ahead.
Minutes of 2016 AGM and subsequent EGM
You can find the minutes here:
You can find the accounts for the year Jan to Dec 2016 here: